“Practicing yoga habitually helps you calm your mind, develop a greater mental focus, develop strength, flexibility and increase your well-being”
Clothing: Wear comfortable and elastic clothing. It must allow a full range of movements, including torsion and bending.
Changing rooms: The AyurVida Ibiza Association does not have changing rooms. For yoga classes there is a bathroom with a shower that will only be available by appointment and special conditions.
Mats: We recommend that you bring your own yoga mat (for personal hygiene). If you do not have contact with us the day before. And please, try not to step on other people’s mats, thank you very much;)
Bring: We also recommend that you bring water and a sweat pad.
Cleaning: If you are borrowing the mat, you can use the cleaning spray and a towel to clean it before your consultation.
Avoid: strong perfumes, cologne and other aromas. We try to keep the space, the mat and the body clean and without odors.
Eat and drink: allow 2 or 3 hours after a hearty meal or 1 hour after a light meal. A little water is fine, but too much liquid can be uncomfortable.
Footwear: Yoga is practiced with bare feet to find a stable and balanced contact with the floor, which is essential for standing postures. Working with bare feet also provides a unique opportunity to stretch and strengthen your feet.
Street shoes please leave them at the main entrance and enter the room without shoes.
Electronic devices: turn off your phone or choose the silent mode.
Personal objects: leave them at the entrance. If you prefer there is space for your valuables in the Yoga room, also the association remains closed during the classes.
Communicate: inform us if you have any injury, limitation or concern.
ADVICE DURING THE CLASS
The practice of yoga generally involves a series of physical postures that are coordinated with the breath and a mental focus in the present moment. It is a practice that lasts a lifetime and there is no need to do it all the first day. During the class, we offer modifications of the positions so that you can choose to make them more or less complicated. We want the practice to adapt to you and feel good.
In the practice of yoga, there is no competition. It is an opportunity for you to practice with your body, breath and mind. Challenge yourself, but do not try too hard: yoga should never be painful.
The child’s position: You can do it at any time you need to rest, even if the teacher does not indicate it.
Savasana: It’s the last class posture, in which we lie down and close our eyes. It is very important because the breathing and the heart rate will return to normal, the muscles will relax, the temperature of your body will decrease and your nervous system will be renewed and revitalized.
RULES OF COEXISTENCE IN THE CLASSES OF AYURVIDA IBIZA
1. Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes before class. You can talk to the teacher and warm up with some stretching.
2. If you arrive late the phone is switched off and unfortunately you will not be able to join the practice that day. Out of respect for the rest of your colleagues, thank you very much!
3. The classes that are paid monthly have expiration in 30 days after the first day of use. If there is someone who wants to change the class, they can do it free of charge by notifying a week before, otherwise that class would count as realized.
4. Rates and schedules will be updated on the web. We do not have a card machine, but there are a couple of ATMs very close
5. We allow a maximum of 9 students inside the Yoga room. The first people who enter the room will have their space insured.
6. If you arrive at a class without notifying with the 9 spaces already taken, we can not be held responsible, we feel the inconvenience.
7. Street shoes please leave them at the main entrance and enter the room without shoes.
8. We recommend that you bring your own yoga mat (for personal hygiene). If you do not have contact with us the day before.
9. We also recommend that you bring water and a sweat pad.
10. Classes do not include the shower. If someone wanted to use it, it would have to be by appointment and under certain conditions.
11. Children are not allowed in the class. If you are doing we are organizing a special class with them. Talk with us to confirm before.
AyurVida Ibiza is a research association of Ayurveda, Yoga and natural therapies … if you want to be a member, contact us!